Sunday, 21 July 2013
Snowshill Manor in the village of Snowshill dates back to the times of the Abbey and the old land and property was confiscated by Henry VIII with the dissolution of the monasteries.
Snowshill Manor was gifted to the National Trust by Charles Paget Wade who had restored the property and turned the main manor house into a home for his vast collection of objects. Known locally as an eccentric he started his collection at the age of 7 and it know fills the entire manor house.
The actual manor house that now stands in the grounds dates back to the 16th century. The outbuildings and particular a small cottage are where Charles Paget Wade lived until 1951 when he gifted the property to the nation.
For more photos of Snowshill Manor click here